Recipe by WaterMelon
This is so yummy with lasagne/pasta! From Kraft.
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
I made 1/2 of this recipe and froze the other 1/2 of the bread. The only thing I changed was to omit the pepper, for my family's taste. It was beautiful, for sure, but the middle was a bit mushy. If I make it again (because the flavor wowed them!), I will just cut it into the slices, bake for just a few minutes, put the toppings on and bake a little longer. I liked the convience of this method, but it didn't work out. Thanks for the flavor!
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except bread.
- Slice bread partially at 1 inch intervals; be careful to not cut all the way through loaf.
- Spread 1 side of each slice with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 425F for 25 minutes; serve hot.
- You may also use 2 TB of chopped fresh parsley instead of oregano.