1/9 Photos of Garlic Bread With Cheese
This is my own concoction that is quick, easy and very tasty! Serve with Pasta! I don't measure anything and the garlic butter mix should be very thick and chunky. My husband loves it and if we have pasta, he expects me to make this garlic bread. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put butter in a bowl and add garlic.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Add more garlic if you wish.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 5Mixture should be thick and chunky.
- 6If you like the taste of any of the ingredients, like parmesan, feel free to add more of it as desired.
- 7Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes or more to absorb flavors.
- 8Cut French loaf into slices.
- 9For these measurements, it covers about 6 or 7 slices.
- 10Spread garlic butter mix generously on each slice.
- 11Put slices on cookie sheet or cooking stone (I use the latter as it cooks more evenly).
- 12Preheat broiler and place oven rack in middle of oven.
- 13I use the low broiler setting (my oven has choice of high/low).
- 14Broil 5 minutes, keeping an eye on the bread as each oven is different.
- 15Bread should be toasted around the crust and the garlic butter mixture bubbly with cheese melted.
- 16I have never tried it, but I'm sure you can slice the loaf in half, spread the mixture, broil and slice after.
- 17If your broiler is too hot, to prevent the bread from burning, cover loosely with foil for 5 minutes, remove foil and broil an additional 2 or 3 minutes so the butter mix has time to cook while not burning the bread.
- 18Keep an eye on them as they broil to prevent burning.
- 19Serve with pasta and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Bread With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.6
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.0 mg
- Sodium 491.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g