Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my own concoction that is quick, easy and very tasty! Serve with Pasta! I don't measure anything and the garlic butter mix should be very thick and chunky. My husband loves it and if we have pasta, he expects me to make this garlic bread. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (more or less for your taste - we like ours garlicky)
- 1 -2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use old/sharp)
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Put butter in a bowl and add garlic.
- Mix well.
- Add more garlic if you wish.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Mixture should be thick and chunky.
- If you like the taste of any of the ingredients, like parmesan, feel free to add more of it as desired.
- Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes or more to absorb flavors.
- Cut French loaf into slices.
- For these measurements, it covers about 6 or 7 slices.
- Spread garlic butter mix generously on each slice.
- Put slices on cookie sheet or cooking stone (I use the latter as it cooks more evenly).
- Preheat broiler and place oven rack in middle of oven.
- I use the low broiler setting (my oven has choice of high/low).
- Broil 5 minutes, keeping an eye on the bread as each oven is different.
- Bread should be toasted around the crust and the garlic butter mixture bubbly with cheese melted.
- I have never tried it, but I'm sure you can slice the loaf in half, spread the mixture, broil and slice after.
- If your broiler is too hot, to prevent the bread from burning, cover loosely with foil for 5 minutes, remove foil and broil an additional 2 or 3 minutes so the butter mix has time to cook while not burning the bread.
- Keep an eye on them as they broil to prevent burning.
- Serve with pasta and enjoy!
This is almost exactly how I make mine, except I add a TBSP or two of Mayo in the mix. This is the secret some of the restaurants use in their cheesy garlic bread. Give it a try!
This was a massive hit! Such great flavour, perfectly "garlic-y" and cheese makes it extra delicious. My new favourite Garlic bread recipe!
I used your cheese mix as a general base for cheese bread several times (I only make about 5-6 individual slices at a time), and it has become a hit at my house. I swap out the butter for olive oil, but that is my only variation. I will be keeping this!