Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This I made as an appetizer but you sure can make a meal of it! Open faced hot sandwich. If you can't find old bay there's DiB's Old Bay Seasoning Old Bay Seasoning is posted here on zaar I never made it but it looks good. Or you can try mine not old bay but real good.Cajun Spice Rub Mix Recipe Cajun Spice Rub Mix Recipe
- 1 lb loaf fresh garlic bread, sliced
- 6 ounces fresh lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, squeezed of all liquid
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, Old Bay, adjust to taste
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- oil, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place all slices of bread on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Place under broil to lightly brown one side flip lightly brown other side.
- Mix all topping ingredients together gentle.
- Top the bread with the topping mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle lightly with oil. Place under broiler a couple minutes till bubbly and lightly browned.
DH loved this! So did I, of course, but he doesn't eat cheese and he still enjoyed it. I used Old Bay Seasoning, homemade gluten free french bread baguette and had to use fake crab, which is definitely not my first choice, but there wasn't enough fresh crab to make it worth cracking and have to buy fake stuff anyway. I'll be making this again when I've got fresh crab available because this recipe reminds me of one my mom used to make when I was a kid. She used English muffins as the base and sometimes crab, shrimp or tuna in the topping. Great recipe, Rita! Thanks for bringing back some fond memories. :)
Not bad. Best if eaten fresh out of the oven. I don't think the egg is even necessary. I prefer a recipe with specific times but everything here you need to watch closely as not to burn. I even made some on sliced italian bread and it came out nicely.
Delicious! Omitted the egg and it turned out beautifully.