A simple yet delicious garlic bread that's a good compliment to whatever main course you're having. I prefer it without the parmesan cheese, but you can add it if you prefer.
- Mix together the butter, oil, garlic, and salt.
- Add the parsley and mix. (If using fresh parsley, I use about 1 Tablespoon. If using dried parsley, I use about 2 pinches.).
- Cut the french bread in half, length-wise, so you have a top half and a bottom half.
- Spread the butter mixture on both halves.
- If desired, sprinkle about 1-2 Tablespoons of grated parmesan on each half.
- Place each half "butter side up" on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 until heated through. Then turn to broil, watching constantly, to brown slightly. Be careful not to let it burn on broil. Broiling should take no longer than a minute.
This is a good basic garlic bread recipe. I made this for our Valentines day dinner and we enjoyed it very much. Thank you for sharing.
Very good, easy garlic bread. I liked the addition of Italian seasoning.
We loved this bread with our spaghetti! I will make this a lot when making pasta dishes! Thanks!