Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Great bread to serve with spaghetti or lasagna. The smell while baking is incredible.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter or 1⁄2 teaspoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fast rise yeast or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in given order in your bread maker.
- Set for regular or rapid bake cycle.
Made this to go with Greco Chicken and Pasta tonight. I set the breadmaker for "dough" and shaped it into a traditional french bread shape. Let it rise for 30 minutes then baked at 400F for 25 minutes with a dish of water on the bottom rack to mimic a stone oven. The kid loved it. Nice and crusty with good flavor.
This is a great recipe!! I used 1/2 tsp garlic and herb mix and skipped the garlic paste, and it was just right for my family .. thanks Karen
Another yummy keeper for our house. Thanks Karen.