Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup cream
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter 4 small ramekins (3-4 inch) and put the bread cubes in the bottom.
- Scald the cream with the garlic cloves, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Strain and discard the garlic.
- Whisk the egg and the yolk, and add the cream in a stream.
- Add the parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the custard into the ramekins, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Put the ramekins in a hot water bath that comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins and bake, 35-45 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the water bath and cool 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, run a knife around the inside of each ramekin and gently turn them out onto 4 dessert plates.
- Serve warm.