Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
When my husband and I were first married, we had no money and I invented most of what we ate. This came out of me trying to scrape something together for the In-Laws when they came for a surprise visit. Feel free to experiment to suit your tastes
- 1 loaf garlic bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese with tomato and basil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 ounces shredded cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- Slice garlic bread into eight round slices.
- Brown meat, add tomatos. Heat until bubbly.
- Spread generous amounts of cream cheese on four slices of bread.
- Line bottom of 8 inch square baking pan with bread covered in cream cheese.
- Pour half of meat mix over the top and cover with half of the cheese.
- Pour over rest of meat mix.
- Butter the remaining bread and lay on top of meat.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake 30-45 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Oh wow this is excellent! It totally replaces my usual boring garlic bread recipe! This is a keeper for us and I thank you for sharing it! I am gonna make this often!