Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
...from the Italian icon: Lydia
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 12 inches loaf Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, Kosher, for seasoning
- Combine olive oil and garlic and steep about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degreed F.
- Split loaf of bread lengthwise, then in half to form 4 sections.
- Set bread, cut side up, on baking sheet and spread with garlic infused oil. Rub cloves directly on bread and leave pieces on the bread.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Bake for 4 - 5 minutes until bread is golden and crispy. Remove large pieces of garlic.
- Season bread lightly with salt.
We thought this was out of this world. Really enjoyed the garlic infused oil. A great accompaniment to our spaghetti dinner. Thanks for sharing.
Just the way I like my garlic bread! Though I did use less of the oil. This has the perfect combination of everything, and it tastes better than using butter.
Absolutely loved this bread!! I did make one change, I used half butter and half olive oil. I only had extra light olive oil, so it didn't have a lot of flavor. But then followed it as posted. I really enjoyed the added kosher salt, really made a huge difference for us. The smell from steeping the oil/butter with the fresh pressed garlic, made me think it would be too strong, but it really wasn't and we loved it!! Thanks for sharing the recipe that we will make again. Made for your win in the football pool, congrats!!!