Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Another yummy bread from Electric Bread 2nd Ed. Tweaked for my pleasure. This makes a one and a half pound loaf. Serve warm for maximum yum! No messy garlic butter spread required. (=
- 1 1⁄8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon finely minced garlic (I like 2 tablespoons because I love garlic)
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sweet basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (I like one tablespoon because I love garlic)
- 2 tablespoons dried and chopped chives
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients in the order stated by your bread machine manufacturer.
- Choose medium crust. Use white, rapid, or delay bake cycles.
Easy and delicious I made as directed with moxie's higher amounts of garlic the only thing I didn't have was the chive. Though not the same thing as traditional garlic bread it is a nice alternative.
For lunch today I sliced pieces and brushed them with olive oil and baked at 450 until the bottoms were toasted. I turned them over and topped with slices of tomatoe sprinkled with kosher salt , spread on some pesto then added mozzarella cheese on top and baked/broiled till brown. YUM! The garlic bread was the perfect foundation for simple tomato cheese toast.