Recipe by evelyn/athens
An unusual garlic bread. This one uses mayonnaise. Try it, you'll like it! (really)
Top Review by Ms B.
I always use this recipe for my garlic bread. I don't always use the herbs...in that instance, I reduce the amounts of the other ingredients, especially the mayo. I have added an sprinkling of Italian or pizza blend cheese on top, also. This is a no-fail recipe. Everyon always likes it. Be careful to watch it under the broiler, though. It can burn very quickly!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 lb round sourdough loaf, halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix mayonnaise, Parmesan, garlic and herbs in bowl to blend.
- Arrange bread, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- Butter generously.
- Broil until crisp and golden-brown.
- Spread Parmesan mixture over bread.
- Broil until puffed and golden-brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve.