Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
another version of an old classic
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ml paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 175 ml mayonnaise
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 ml parsley
- 2 ml oregano
- 2 ml basil
- Mix paprika, cayenne, lemon juice, and parmesan in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread each half generously with garlic spread.
- Place both halves under the broiler and broil until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Really good bread! I loved the fresh garlic on the bread. Made minus the pepper. Will be good with pasta. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
Although I don't usually like Mayo based barlic bread, this one really worked for us. I will admit that I added additional garlic powder to suit our taste but other than that make as directed. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Spring 2012 PAC Orphanage
I pretty much followed your recipe, but cut back slightly on the paprika & used 2 large cloves of garlic, all for some absolutely great-tasting bread! Thanks so much for posting it ~ It's a great keeper! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]