Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this garlic bread yesterday with a 3-day old baguette bread. It's so easy to do at the last minute and tastes great. Each slice are soft and full of flavors.
- 150 g butter, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- pepper (optional)
- 2 French baguettes
- In a bowl, mix butter, garlic, parsley and add pepper if you want.
- Cut the baguette in slices, put garlic butter on one side of each slice and put them back all together like it was not cut in foil paper.
- Put on the bbq 10 to 15 minutes (we did it at indirect heat), until butter is melted and the bread is very warm.
- You can also cook the garlic bread in the preheated oven at 375 F for 15 minutes.
I used a loaf of italian bread, halved. It was very garlicky, but delicious!! I wrapped in foil, but opened the foil and but it under the broiler the last 5 minutes. Fabulous with lasagne tonight!
This was so good and looked so good with the fresh parsley. I don't think that there is one piece left after the Dh and kids got to it. YUM.
I believe that butter is good for you so i served this with a fresh vegetable salad. This is a keeper for any feast. Thanks for sharing, made during Ramadan Tag Game 2010