Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just like we made at the pub and posted just for Jewelies.
Make and share this Garlic Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g butter or 125 g margarine, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 French bread, stick 380g
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Mix together first 7 ingredients.
- Slice the bread sticks diagonally in about 1 inch slices -- almost but not completely through.
- Spread each side of every slice with the garlic butter.
- Wrap in foil and cook in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- If you like really crispy garlic bread, open the foil for the last few minutes.
In my household, loving garlic is a close second to cake. And here I am breathing all over your comments... Made for AU-NZ #74 recipe swap.
You can stop your search -- this is the definitive recipe for garlic bread. The nutmeg is a touch of genius. I'm really glad you included a weight for the bread, as it let me make the right amount of butter for two small but heavy multigrain baguettes. Used fresh parsley and 4 cloves of garlic. Skipped the black pepper as one of the guests is not a fan. Thanks so very much for posting.
Awesome! Not a lot different to how I normally make garlic bread but the lemon was a nice twist. Only change I made was I didn't have any fresh parsley so used some garlic chives instead.