Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Mike Anderson's Seafood Restaurant Cookbook. Mike Anderson's is a popular and one of the best seafood restaurants, with locations in Baton Rouge, Gonzales and New Orleans, LA. This recipe yields 2 cups of butter that can be stored in your refrigerator.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 loaf French bread
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine or butter.
- Mix all ingredients except bread together.
- Refrigerate to thicken.
- Stir well and spread on one side of the sliced French bread.
- Grill on stove or broil in the oven over medium heat, being careful not to burn bread.
I really enjoyed this garlic bread but I noticed that it was a bit too spicy. I served it to my family (6 guests) and I bet that at least a couple of them might have thought it was a bit too spicy but it seemed that most of them gobbled it up. I would recommend taking it down a couple of notches by reducing the amount of white pepper and cayenne pepper. Maybe only a half teaspoon of white pepper and a fourth teaspoon or less of cayenne pepper is all that is needed.
This is the best garlic bread that i have eaten! Left out the white pepper because i didn't have it.
Not sure how close it is to Mike Anderson's because i haven't eaten there in a while. Next time i'll have to compare!
This was good! I made this as directed with cracked black pepper. I'm thinking that next time, I might try adding all of the ingredients to softened butter - I wasn't sure why it needed to be melted. But it sure was good! Thanks Melissa for a great keeper. Made for I Recommend Tag.