Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very buttery and smooth cheese spread.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, soften
- 1 cup butter, soften
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a food processor, add garlic and process until finely chopped, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth, stopping twice to scrape down sides.
- (You may use only 1 clove of garlic, if you prefer).
- NOTE: This can be frozen up to 3 months or refrigerated up to 1 week.
This was very good, easy to make as well. I just put the garlic thru the garlic press and whipped everything up in the Kitchen Aid mixer. I also substited Herbs de Provence for the marjoram (couldn't find any in the cupboard). I was afrraid the garlic would be overpowering but it really wasn't.
Oh my, oh my, oh my...this is SO good, I hate it. LOL! I made up half a batch to see if it was something I wanted to add to my gift baskets and I cannot stay out of it (spread on Ritz crackers). I will be mixing some up to give as gifts and will include a hand written note with suggestions on the many different ways to use it. Thanks, Merlot. This is a winner! UPDATE: I froze some of this and am happy to report that it freezes very well. Even after being frozen, the wonderful taste and creamy texture don't change.
Very easy to whip up and tastes delicious! I had to make it without the dill, as my hubby is allergic, but it still came out great! On french bread it's TDF! Thanks for a great recipe, Merlot!