Rich, Garlicy, Creamy, Cheesy, mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Garlic, Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 lb crumbled blue cheese
- In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions, and garlic stirring all the while cooking about 4 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, and nutmeg.
- Add milk and 1/2 pound blue cheese cook till melted.
- Add potatoes and mix together.
- Toss in crumbled blue cheese for texture.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.