Adapted from a recipe from Garlic Central, these can be an appetizer or a snack or a side to dinner! They say these will disappear faster than a vampire on a summer's day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First, sift the flour into a bowl. Mix in the mustard powder and the crushed garlic.
- 2Slice the butter and slowly mix into the flour. Mix in the cheese slowly as you go along. Continue to combine the ingredients, adding a little cold water at the end if necessary to get a nice ball of pastry dough.
- 3Place the pastry in the fridge to rest for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile heat the oven to 400* F.
- 4Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured board to form a square about 8 inches square. With a sharp knife divide the pastry into eighths in each direction to give 64 small squares.
- 5Transfer the squares to a greased baking tray. Arrange the garlic bites with a little space between them. Sprinkle a little salt across the tops.
- 6Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- 7Transfer the garlic bites to an airtight container. They will keep for several days. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Bites
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 33.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g