Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe from Garlic Central, these can be an appetizer or a snack or a side to dinner! They say these will disappear faster than a vampire on a summer's day!
- First, sift the flour into a bowl. Mix in the mustard powder and the crushed garlic.
- Slice the butter and slowly mix into the flour. Mix in the cheese slowly as you go along. Continue to combine the ingredients, adding a little cold water at the end if necessary to get a nice ball of pastry dough.
- Place the pastry in the fridge to rest for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile heat the oven to 400* F.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured board to form a square about 8 inches square. With a sharp knife divide the pastry into eighths in each direction to give 64 small squares.
- Transfer the squares to a greased baking tray. Arrange the garlic bites with a little space between them. Sprinkle a little salt across the tops.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Transfer the garlic bites to an airtight container. They will keep for several days. Enjoy!
Very tasty. Will make again and again!
Well, I really don’t know if these keep for several days in an airtight container: they just didn’t last long enough for that! I used 4 cloves of minced garlic and a tablespoon of fresh chopped basil (simply because I had it on hand) and followed Sharon123’s very clear instructions. They took me more like half an hour to make but they were well worth the effort. I took them to a friend’s house and several of us enjoyed them with dips, olives and wine. No vampires around, but they disappeared fast and I’ve since emailed the recipe to two friends. Thanks for sharing. I’ll be making these again!