Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I never have leftovers when making this recipe. It is a comforting dish for a cold winter night. Serve with a side salad and possibly some bread and you have a complete meal.
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, juice reserved
- 10 1⁄2 ounces 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut in strips
- 6 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 9 ounces whole wheat egg noodles
- Add water to reserved mushroom juice to equal 1 cup.
- In slow cooker dissolve beef bouillon in mushroom juice. Add mushrooms, soup, onion, garlic and worcestershire sauce.
- Saute beef in skillet until browned; add to slow cooker and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7-8 hours.
- When ready to serve cook noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking turn off heat to slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese until melted and smooth.
- Serve stroganoff over hot noodles. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Enjoy!
This was really good and a bit different in the way I normally fix it using the cream cheese instead of sour cream. We thought it was a wee bit on the salty side, so next time I would use just one bouillon cube. I cooked this on the stove top instead of the crock pot and let it simmer on low for a few hours and the meat was fall apart tender. I added the cream cheese from the start of the cooking and let it meld with all the other ingredients for the entire cooking process. I did use fresh mushrooms instead of canned and used about a 1/4 cup of water to dissolve the bouillon in since I had no juice. I used eye of the round and cut it into cubes and used light cream cheese instead of fat free. Served over regular egg noodles as it's just what we prefer. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for PAC Fall 08