- 4 lbs lean steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 heads garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rings
- 10 large black olives, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a 3 quart glass baking dish with a cover, layer meat, minced garlic, bay leaves, onion slices, and black olives.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes evenly over the top, then top with olive oil.
- Cover with foil or glass lid and bake for 3 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve as sandwiches on Kaiser or French rolls.