Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Sunset Magazine. This is a hearty sandwich, great for dinner. I like to serve this with a green salad.
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb beef sirloin, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 cups lettuce leaves
- 4 pita bread rounds, cut in half
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Add sliced beef. Set aside.
- Cut onions into 1" pieces. Set aside. Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok. Stir-fry beef, draining and reserving marinade. Remove beef from wok when done, keeping warm.
- Add cornstarch mixture to wok with remaining marinade. Cook until sauce thickens slightly. Remove wok from heat, stir in beef and onions.
- Assemble sandwiches in Pita breads with lettuce.
I made this tonight for supper, and was so delighted about how easy it was to throw together! The marinade gives a lot of flavor with a little kick to it. The only thing I did different than what the ingrediants had listed, was I used sesame oil instead of vegetable oil. Wonderful recipe! Thanks for posting!!!