1/9 Photos of Garlic Beef Enchiladas
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Enchiladas with a unique garlic flair, unlike any other enchilada I have ever tasted. The house smells WONDERFUL when these are baking. Although they do take some time to prepare, the work is definitely worth the reward! The ingredients are mostly things that you probably already have stocked in the cupboard. (Cook time includes stovetop and baking times)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 2 (8 ounce) cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 (8 ounce) cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1In saucepan, cook beef or turkey and onion until browned; drain.
- 2Add flour and seasonings.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Stir in tomatoes and bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6In another saucepan, saute garlic in butter.
- 7Stir in flour until blended.
- 8Gradually stir in broth and bring to boil.
- 9Cook and stir for 2 minutes until bubbly.
- 10Stir in tomato sauce and seasonings and heat through.
- 11Pour 1 1/2 cup sauce in 13x9 inch pan.
- 12Spread about 1/4 cup beef mixture down center of tortilla and top with 1-2 Tbsp cheese.
- 13Roll up tightly and place seam side-down over sauce in pan.
- 14Repeat with remaining tortillas and top all with remaining sauce.
- 15Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- 16Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Beef Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1832.5
- Calories from Fat 777
- Total Fat 86.3 g
- Saturated Fat 37.9 g
- Cholesterol 196.3 mg
- Sodium 4845.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 183.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 80.4 g