Recipe by LoriLou
Mom found this recipe somewhere many years ago and it has been a family favorite ever since. I've upgraded the plain old garlic powder to a newer, much improved one with more flavor. When I get a craving for this, nothing else will do! The cooking time is actually an approximate chill time and prep time doesn't include time to boil the water.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (or neufchatel)
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mccormicks California style garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules or 1 -2 beef bouillon cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the garlic powder and bouillion in the boiling water.
- Cream the softened cheese with a mixer.
- While continuing to mix the cheese, slowly add the liquid.
- Once all the liquid is in, continue to mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Cover well and chill.
- Serve with chips, fresh veggies, crackers, what ever your favorite dippers are.
- May also be used as a sandwich spread.
- Begin with the smaller amounts of garlic powder and bouillion, add more next time if you want more intense flavor.