Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This one killer thought was good. For this recipe I would make at night time and let it set till the next day to give a treat for breakfast.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 275°F or 140°C.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add in Egg, oil and hot water.
- Stir well. Roll out on a well-floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness. Place on ungreased cooking sheet. Bake on center rack, for about 2 hours until dry and very hard. Let stand overnight to dry thoroughly. Makes 10 big bones and 14 puppy bones.
I made these as a special treat for my doggie...Zeke...hubby an I don't think he will be with us much longer...if he makes to the 21st of April he will be 14yrs...but we will be lucky if he makes it another week...=(...but he sure liked these biscuits...and so did our other doggie Jake...Thanks for posting them...
Both Maggie & Montana LOVE these! Super simple to make and a winner with the pups!
My dogs loved these, but there's no surprise there as they eat pretty much anything!! Boy did these smell great cooking! Followed recipe to the letter, but did add a little more flour (maybe 2 Tbsp) when kneading as the dough was a little wet. Definitely one I will make again.