Prep 5 mins
Cook 96 hrs
Cooking time is infusion time. This makes an excellent marinade. Use in your favorite marinade recipes in place of the cooking sherry or other alcohol.
- Separate the garlic into cloves and remove the skins.
- Rinse the basil to remove any unwanted chemicals.
- There is no need to chop or remove the stems.
- Place the garlic & basil into clean quart-sized jar.
- Fill with vodka. Secure the lid and shake well.
- Store jar in a cool dark place for at least 4 days.
- Strain through a coffee filter into a separate container.
- Store as you would any other vodka.