Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a delicious and easy way to prepare chicken. Top with basil pesto if desired.
Make and share this Garlic Basil Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 8 pieces dark chicken meat (about 2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 15 cloves garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, in oil and vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 30 ounces canned great northern beans, drained
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Saute in oil over medium-high heat until sides are brown and then drain.
- Place chicken and garlic in crockpot.
- Pour tomatoes (with liquid) and broth over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle of the thickest pieces.
- Remove chicken.
- Skim fat from the surface of the juices.
- Stir in beans and cook on low for 15 minutes.
I had to edit my previous review about it not having basil in it because I didn't see the Pesto part which was my fault. I really wanted to try this recipe and I'm glad I did! I love using my crockpot and this turned out great. I used boneless thighs and stirred a little Pesto in at the end.