Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on www.dianaskitchen.com and it looked so delicious that I just had to share it with everyone here. I adjusted it a bit but the heart of it is still there.
- 3 -4 chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms or 6 ounces onions
- 2 -4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- Rinse chicken breasts and dry.
- Salt and pepper chicken to taste and dredge in 1 T of flour.
- Brown chicken in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Add mushrooms or onion and garlic, cooking for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is brown.
- Pour in vinegar and chicken broth.
- Add bay leaf and thyme.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and set aside (keep chicken warm).
- Add 1/2 tsp of flour and butter to pan and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Discard bay leaf and pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
This was to vinegary for my taste. If I made it again, I would increase the amount of chicken broth and/or decrease the amount balsamic vinegar.