Recipe by maggie2006howard
I made these balls last night and my daughter, who doesn't eat much bread, ate 6 of these. These are great with any meal, especially Italian dishes.
Top Review by Jacqi
I have made these GARLIC BALLS, now two days in a row... I think they are out of this world...and real easy...My DH loved them and I took a few next door to a friend ..while they were warm...she also loved them also and cant't wait to get the pizza dough....and I told here about the web page...Recipezaar...my sister and I love the site...always good recipes ... I will be making them often...Thanks Maggie for sending in the recipe...
- 1 bag of italian pizza dough, already prepared at Publix Deli
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Lightly oil a large cookie sheet.
- Roll out the dough on a floured counter and cut into 1" strips. Then cut crosswise 1 1/2" so you end up with a 1 x 1 1/2" square
- Butter the top with melted butter and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden on top.
- While balls bake, mince garlic and mash to a paste with salt, then stir together with butter, oil and onion powder and heat on stove (do not boil). Keep the butter mixture warm until the balls are done.
- Immediately after baking, place the balls in a bowl with the melted garlic butter and toss to coat the bread.
- Serve warm.