Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Garlic and potatoes...need I say more?
Make and share this Garlic Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced thin)
- 14.79 ml sea salt (or kosher salt-optional)
- 59.16 ml butter (softened)
- 59.16 ml sour cream (lite if you are watching calories)
- 118.29 ml shredded cheese
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml green onion
- Wash potatoes then cut numerous slices into each careful not to cut all the way through. Place garlic slices into each potato sliced area. Use cooking spray or water to wet the outside of the potato then sprinkle the skin with sea or kosher salt, wrap individually in foil and cook for appx 45 minutes at 450 degrees or until soft.
- Hand blend softened butter & sour cream (or low fat yogurt to save on calories) then stir in the shredded cheese (use more cheese if you prefer). Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When potatoes are done, remove foil and place on serving plates, spread each open to expose the sliced areas and garlic, top with the mixture, sprinkle on black pepper and garnish with the green onions. You may wish to add bacon bits for taste and color.