Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, easy! Just watch them closely so they don't burn! Great for snacking on, topping salads, soups, etc. They're lower in sodium than store-bought bagel chips. I make them wheat-free/gluten-free with bagels from www.kinnikinnick.com
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saute' pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add bagel slices, and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crispy and dry.
- Check frequently to prevent burning.
If you can judge a food by how good it smells while you're cooking it, then these are amazing on that criteria alone. All that garlic and butter was heaven to my nose. It got even better when I tasted these little gems. So crunchy, so garlicky, so good! They're perfect dipped in hummous.
Yummy, thats what my friends said when I made them for a Packers get
together, served them with spinach dip. I had mini-bagel chips to use up, worked great.
Didn't want to have to mince real garlic cloves so I just used garlic powder with butter, and they turned out fine. 350 degrees for 15 minutes and let cool for about 10 minutes until they became crispy. Thanks!