Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Scrumptious - Must love garlic!
Make and share this Garlic Bacon Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 heads garlic
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Remove the outer skin from the garlic bulbs, but do not peel or separate the cloves.
- Wrap each bulb separately in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hours.
- Remove to a wire rack & let cool for 10 minute.
- Separate the cloves & squeeze to extract 1/4 C garlic pulp. Discard the skins.
- Cook the bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Add the onion, carrot, & minced garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, broth & bay leaf.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook, covered, for 20 min or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and stir in the rosemary.
- Puree 2 cups of the soup with the garlic pulp in a food processor or blender and then return to the saucepan.
- Stir in the half & half.
- Simmer over low heat until hot.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped parsley.