Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has become our favorite asparagus recipe. It comes from a small book titled Totally Garlic Cookbook. I use regular chicken broth and omit the salt and the grated skin of the lemon. It tastes wonderful hot or cold, but is not as garlicky as you would imagine with a head of garlic in there.
- In a large skillet, bring chicken broth, olive oil and garlic to a boil.
- Add asparagus and return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook just until asparagus is tender but still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon to warm serving plate.
- Raise heat and cook liguid and garlic in pan until syrupy and reduced to about 1/2 cup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over asparagus and sprinkle with grated skin from one lemon.
This is a very tasty recipe that gives another dimension to asparagus. We loved it
Jann all I can say is WOW!!!!!!! We love garlic and when I saw the amount used in this recipe I knew it was right up my alley. The lemon zest at the end gave the asparagus just the right zing. This was soooooooooo easy to pull together and very quick to make. Thanks Jann!