Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Cooking time depends on your bread machine. Recipe source: The Bread Machine Gourmet
Make and share this Garlic Asiago Bread (Abm) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup gluten flour (or add 1/4 cup all purpose flour)
- 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated (or 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese)
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minces (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced (or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minces (or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt (or coase salt)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in bread pan of your bread machine in the order given or according to manufacturer's directions.
- Set the machine for the whole wheat cycle.
- Cool before slicing.
Delicious flavor combination, with a tender inside crumb, and a crispy exterior crust. I mixed on the dough cycle, then baked in Pyrex at 375F for 35 minutes. I used 1 1/4 cups bread flour, subbed buttermilk powder for the dry milk, added one tablespoon vital wheat gluten, and added several generous grinds of black pepper. Tagged for Rookie Recipes, due 01/27/14.
Wonderful tasty bread. Mine flopped and I am sure it is because of the amount of yeast. It rose nicely but didn`t stay. But all in all it was delish!
This was so tasty! Used fresh herbs from my garden and made the dough in my machine so I could shape it myself. Made it for dinner and it's already almost gone. We loved it. Thanks for a great recipe.