Any dish with sherry and garlic is alright with me, and if there's apple butter, all the better. Marinate the tenderloin overnight, then just before it comes out of the oven, it's smothered in an apple butter sauce. Great fall eating!
- In a plastic zipper bag, combine thyme, garlic, mustard powder, the 4 tablespoons of sherry and 4 tablespoons soy sauce; add the tenderloin and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove tenderloin from the marinade (discarding marinade) and roast the tenderloin, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- While it's roasting, combine the apple butter, sherry, soy sauce and garlic salt.
- After 15 minutes, take tenderloin out of the oven and quickly cover it with the apple butter mixture.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F, then return tenderloin to the oven and roast another 10 minutes or so, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.