Prep 24 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Any dish with sherry and garlic is alright with me, and if there's apple butter, all the better. Marinate the tenderloin overnight, then just before it comes out of the oven, it's smothered in an apple butter sauce. Great fall eating!
- In a plastic zipper bag, combine thyme, garlic, mustard powder, the 4 tablespoons of sherry and 4 tablespoons soy sauce; add the tenderloin and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove tenderloin from the marinade (discarding marinade) and roast the tenderloin, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- While it's roasting, combine the apple butter, sherry, soy sauce and garlic salt.
- After 15 minutes, take tenderloin out of the oven and quickly cover it with the apple butter mixture.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F, then return tenderloin to the oven and roast another 10 minutes or so, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
This is the best Pork Tenderloin recipe I've made. Full of flavor and tender. I have made this for just my very picky family as well as guests. Love it!!
Oh wow! This was better than good. I must admit, I was a little taken aback by the color/consistency of the apple butter sauce (and my kids didn't like the way it looked and scraped it off). I have a checkered history of cooking pork--usually it comes out too dry. This was moist and flavorful. I also used low-sodium soy sauce. Good news--if you divide into four servings, its only 5 WW points per serving.
Delish! I make pork tenderloin often and am happy to have a new recipe to add to the collection. Super easy to put together! I do recommend watching the temp. vs. the cooking time. My tenderloin took a few minutes longer than stated. Served with augratin potatoes and peas.