Recipe by cervantesbrandi
This sauce is so good, I love to serve it with lots of bread for sopping up all the juices! I have also made this shrimp together with mussels and scallops. Any seafood would be good with this sauce!
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled)
- 8 garlic cloves (divided in half)
- 4 tablespoons red onions (diced)
- 1 cup riesling wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced depending on taste preference. I personally like cilantro) or 2 tablespoons cilantro (minced depending on taste preference. I personally like cilantro)
- 1 roma tomato (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt one tbsp of butter in a saucepan. Add half of the minced garlic and saute for one minute. Add the wine and cook on medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 5. Add the whipping cream and continue to reduce by half, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt your remaining 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet. Add the other half of the minced garlic, the shrimp, onions, salt and pepper and tomatoes. Saute the mixture on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine/cream sauce into the pan of shrimp, cover and cook an additional 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the parsley or cilantro and stir to incorporate. Serve immediately!