Mussels look really nice, when on display over rice or pasta. This is one of my husbands favorites, the aroma it makes while cooking is wonderful. A great dish to impress guests. It's very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub mussels with a brush, remove beards ( just grab an end and pull). DIscard cracked or heavy mussels ( they have sand in them), or open mussels that won't close when tapped ( they are dead, and no good to eat).
- 2Saute garlic in butter and oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in wine and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add mussels. Cover and cook 6-7 minutes or until mussels open, shaking pan several times.
- 3PLace linguine on a warm platter.
- 4Transfer mussels to platter with a slotted spoon, discarding any unopened mussels.
- 5Pour butter mixture ovr mussels; sprinkle with remaining pepper an chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic and Wine Braised Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.7
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 733.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 34.9 g