Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mussels look really nice, when on display over rice or pasta. This is one of my husbands favorites, the aroma it makes while cooking is wonderful. A great dish to impress guests. It's very easy to make.
- Scrub mussels with a brush, remove beards ( just grab an end and pull). DIscard cracked or heavy mussels ( they have sand in them), or open mussels that won't close when tapped ( they are dead, and no good to eat).
- Saute garlic in butter and oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in wine and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add mussels. Cover and cook 6-7 minutes or until mussels open, shaking pan several times.
- PLace linguine on a warm platter.
- Transfer mussels to platter with a slotted spoon, discarding any unopened mussels.
- Pour butter mixture ovr mussels; sprinkle with remaining pepper an chopped cilantro.