Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Cooking Light. Jan 2004.
- cooking spray
- 2 (6 inch) pita bread, each cut into 10 wedges
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place pita wedges on pan, and coat with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 6 minutes or until golden.
- Combine water, tomato, salt, pepper, garlic, and beans in a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve with pita wedges.
Easy and delicious! I substituted olives for the sundried tomatoes, and it came out wonderful. Versatile, easy and delicious! Thank you!