Recipe by Terese
This dish wonderfully delicious and surprisingly quick and easy to make.
Top Review by Derf
Mmmmmmm wonderfull!! Saturday night company dinner with rave reviews! Cooked to medium rare, about 20 minutes. And the onions were a rare treat. Have to admit I doubled the garlic. We will be making this again, thanks for sharing.
- 3 large red onions (900g)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsley chopped fresh sage
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped coarsley
- 4 racks of lamb (4 cutlets each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to hot.
- Halve the onions then slice into thin wedges; place in large baking dish with half the oil.
- Combine remaining oil in a small bowl with sage and garlic.
- Using hands, press sage mixture all over lamb; place lamb on onions.
- Roast, uncovered, in hot oven for about 25 minutes or until lamb is browned all over and cooked as desired.
- Cover with foil; stand for 10 minutes.