Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy additiona to any meal.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons regular margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons fat-free buttermilk
- Coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, sage, baking powder, baking soda, salt and garlic.
- Add the margarine or butter.
- Using a pastry blender cut the margarine or butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Add the buttermilk and stir to form a soft dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and gently knead to form a ball.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut into 12 round circles and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.