Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple but tasty side dish. The roasted garlic and rosemary make these mashed potatoes stand out.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, skin left on
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place garlic cloves in a small oven-safe pan or a piece of foil and roast until lightly browned, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, add potatoes and fill with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil until potatoes are softened, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drain potatoes through a colander; return to pot (not on stove) and add sour cream, butter, roasted garlic cloves and rosemary.
- Mash the potatoes until few lumps remain.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
These were delicious, full of flavor, and simple. I was going to serve these on a day when I worked late and wanted to prep them as much as possible the day before; so I cut up the red potatoes and place them in the refrigerator in a pot filled with cold water (enough to completely cover the potatoes). I also roasted my garlic, chopped my rosemary, and stirred them into the sour cream. When I came home from work the next day, all I needed to do was boil the potatoes and after they were done, I added in the prepped sour cream, some salt & pepper. I added just a spash of milk while mashing to make them a little more creamy, but either way I think this is a winning smashed potatoe recipe! I plan on using it for the upcoming holiday dinners that I'll be hosting. Thanks for the great recipe!
Great recipe! I love the way my kitch smelled while roasting the garlic and chopping freah lemon. Very easy! I will make this again. Thanks Lazyme!
Wonderful recipe well received by all at the dinner table. Definitely on my keeper's list. TFS