Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Vegetarian Times March 2006
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 7 large garlic cloves, peeled
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Add broth, water, potatoes, and garlic. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Coarsely puree soup in a blender or food processor 1 cup at a time. (Or puree the whole batch in the pot with an immersion blender.).
- Don't over process!
- Return soup to pan, and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until heated through.
Delicious!!! I added 2 bay leaves, and rosemary for a little extra flavor.
souper yummy!! It's a bit bland though so I added salt and pepper and a bit of oregano and italian seasoning (just a dash). My toddler and baby LOVE this soup! Big hit in our house. Thanks for sharing!