Wanted to save this recipe so I don't lose it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently heat the oil in a large pan.
- 2If using roasted garlic, separate the cloves and squeeze out the paste into the pan.
- 3If using raw garlic, peel the cloves and chop them roughly, before adding to the pan.
- 4Stir well and cover. Cook gently while you peel and chop the onion. Add the onion to the pan and stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Wash the potatoes and chop them into small cubes. It's up to you whether you peel them. Add them to the pan. Stir well to coat with oil. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the water & the stock cube and simmer the soup gently for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- 7If you want, you can liquidise the soup at this stage, using a hand blender.
- 8Remove from the heat and stir through the herbs and creme fraiche / cream cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Serve with chunks of bread.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 179.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: