Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I got from a cookbook that I've had a while called Racheal Ray's meals for 2,4,6,8 great meals for coupls or crowds.... I have prepared this and it is awesome.... I hope you enjoy it....
- Preheat outdoor grill to high or oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rip 2 sheets of about 18in. long foil and stack them together.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and pile them on the center of the foil.
- Combine the garlic with the potatoes and sprinkle the EVOO, red pepper flakes, parsley, and lots of salt and pepper.
- Pull the ends of the foil together and fold them over, then close the opposite sides to form a packet.
- Cook for 20 min, turning once.
- If cooking on a grill, place packet to the side and not over the direct heat to prevent scorching.
What a bunch of spicy goodness! I made as posted except I used a russet potato because that's what I had. I cut it in wedges and based on other reviewers, I parboiled mine for about 3 minutes. Tossed everything on the foil packet and it was done and so very tasty in 20 minutes. DH even said "Wow! my mouth is on fire", I guess I should have used the smaller amount of red pepper flakes. We love it! Thanks for posting. :)
Nice potato recipe and I even forgot the olive oil! I did divide into two packets for the grill. I sprayed each foil square with spray olive oil. I sliced my potatoes and then made as directed and added sea salt and fresh ground pepper. My DH asked if there was butter and then that was when I remembered I forgot the olive oil. It was great without it - nice and tender. We really enjoyed this recipe. I used the full t. pepper flakes. Thanks Gertc. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
These were super easy and super tasty. I used quartered, small red potatoes, which may have affected my cooking time - 20 minutes was definitely NOT enough, and because I had broken the seal of the pouch, I ended up finishing them in a skillet. Next time, I'll leave them for at least 30 minutes, and check them more carefully in case they need more time. These were cooked in the oven because our grill is currently broken. I also put the pouch on a cookie sheet, which was good, since some of the EVOO did seep out after I turned it over. Once I get the cooking time right, these are excellent, especially for the ease of prep and clean-up! Thanks, we'll eat these again and again.