Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Cooking time is chilling time. Herb butters are a nifty way to spice up any meal. I like herbed butters as a quick easy way to flavor frozen or canned veggies. Just add a dab of herbed butter and heat up the veggies. You can substitute margarine for the butter. If you choose to use dried herbs instead of fresh use 1 1/2 times the amount called for.
- 226.79 g sweet unsalted butter
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2.46 ml fresh marjoram, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, minced
- 2.46 ml fresh sage, minced
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Let butter soften to room temperature.
- Beat in other ingredients.
- Pack butter into molds or crocks or form balls with a melon baller.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Can be stored for upto 1 month in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
Very good didn`t wait to chill served on bread with Shrimp Parmesan. If you do chose to use dried herbs use 1/3 of the fresh herbs called for in the recipe. For dried is much stronger unless they have been in your cupboard for years then toss them in the mulch bin. Thanks for the yummy butter. ;)