Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just made this up one night! It's like restaurant food at home!
- 6 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 ounces baby shrimp
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a medium-large sauce pan. Add garlic and saute til tender, but not browned.
- Add shrimp, bay leaf, oregano, and basil to butter and simmer 5-10 minutes until pasta is almost ready.
- Add flour and stir to make a roux. cook 1 minute.
- Add cream and mix well. Stir in parmesean and mix well until creamy.
- Drain pasta reseving 1 cup of the cooking water. Keep warm.
- Add cooking water to sauce and stir with whisk until smoth. Let sauce come to a gentle boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix/ fold in pasta. Serve with garlic toast if desired.
I wish I could give this recipe 100 stars!! All I can say is OH MY GOODNESS! I followed the recipe with cooking times, spices, etc,but used 14 oz of shrimp instead, elbow macaroni, and 1.5 cups of parm. We also used like 10 cloves of garlic. We had this with some garlic rosemary bread, and my husband had third helpings!! Usually he doesn't eat much of food that's so creamy... but it's absolutely delicious. Thank you thank you THANK YOU for sharing this! It's amazing!