Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are delicious. So many things to do with potatoes and this is one of my favorite potatoes to serve.
- 4 red potatoes (large ones)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potatoes in 1/2 lengthwize, cut each 1/2 into 4 wedges.
- In 3 quart saucepan, place potato wedges. Add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. (About 8-12 minutes)
- In 13x9 inch pan., melt butter in oven (5-6min).
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Add potato wedges.
- Coat both sides with butter mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn potatoes.
- Continue baking for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Ah ha, that's how it's done! soft inside cripsy outside :)
I liked the flavor on this quite a bit, but I think I prefer the method of roasting only for both texture and preparation ease.