1/4 Photos of Garlic and Oregano Stove Top Chicken
This chicken is basted inside and out with the flavor of garlic-oregano butter. It's simple, with ingredients most people have on-hand, and it goes equally well with potatoes, rice, or pasta. A good weeknight meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine butter, garlic, salt, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- 2Cut a 2-inch long pocket horizontally in chicken breasts, cutting deeply but not all the way through.
- 3Put a tablespoon of the butter mixture into each pocket, being sure to get it all the way down in there.
- 4In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- 5Cook chicken, skin side down, uncovered,until well-browned, about 10 minutes.
- 6Turn chicken and cover skillet, then cook until chicken is cooked through, another 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Uncover, spread the remaining garlic-oregano butter on the chicken and turn chicken once more skin-side down.
- 8Cover and brown for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic and Oregano Stove Top Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.9
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 153.8 mg
- Sodium 585.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 30.6 g