Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy inexpensive dish to make! I've made it for my family and friends for years and it is a FAVORITE for all! I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes (or boneless breast)
- 2 medium onions, diced (smaller or larger are ok)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (dollar store garlic powder works great! Fresh garlic does NOT)
- 1⁄3 cup margarine (Shed Spread works great! Butter does NOT...It burns!)
- salt & pepper
- Add 1/2 of the margarine in a large frying pan over medium heat until melted. Add the diced onions and 1 tbls garlic powder to pan and cook until soft and clear. Add chicken cubes and remaining margarine and garlic powder. Continue to cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through (about 10-15 minutes).
- NOTE: Margarine and garlic powder amounts may be altered as desired.
- Rice Dish
- -White Rice
- Cook according to package directions.
Great recipe! I used 1 tablespoon less of the garlic powder and added 1 cup of fresh peas. I also used jasmine rice, family loves jasmine rice over white. Wife loved it, kids loved it, and no left overs haha. Thanks for the great recipe, I'll definitely be making this again :) - Kris
This was delicious! My family loved it! I added mushrooms and peas also. I will be making this again!
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written, using boneless chicken breasts that I cut up. I did cut back on the garlic powder by a tablespoon as I thought that would be too much for DH as he is not a huge garlic fan. This was something different for us but we all enjoyed it. I served it with egg noodles instead of rice as DH is not a fan of rice either.