Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick and easy inexpensive dish to make! I've made it for my family and friends for years and it is a FAVORITE for all! I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes (or boneless breast)
- 2 medium onions, diced (smaller or larger are ok)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (dollar store garlic powder works great! Fresh garlic does NOT)
- 1⁄3 cup margarine (Shed Spread works great! Butter does NOT...It burns!)
- salt & pepper
- Add 1/2 of the margarine in a large frying pan over medium heat until melted. Add the diced onions and 1 tbls garlic powder to pan and cook until soft and clear. Add chicken cubes and remaining margarine and garlic powder. Continue to cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through (about 10-15 minutes).
- NOTE: Margarine and garlic powder amounts may be altered as desired.
- Rice Dish
- -White Rice
- Cook according to package directions.
This was delicious! My family loved it! I added mushrooms and peas also. I will be making this again!
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written, using boneless chicken breasts that I cut up. I did cut back on the garlic powder by a tablespoon as I thought that would be too much for DH as he is not a huge garlic fan. This was something different for us but we all enjoyed it. I served it with egg noodles instead of rice as DH is not a fan of rice either.
This was so good!! We really enjoyed it. Can't wait to make it again. My hubby said it was like something you would get in the mall. LOL.