Linda Carmical's Note:
This is a quick and easy inexpensive dish to make! I've made it for my family and friends for years and it is a FAVORITE for all! I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes (or boneless breast)
- 2 medium onions, diced (smaller or larger are ok)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (dollar store garlic powder works great! Fresh garlic does NOT)
- 1/3 cup margarine (Shed Spread works great! Butter does NOT...It burns!)
- salt & pepper
- 1Add 1/2 of the margarine in a large frying pan over medium heat until melted. Add the diced onions and 1 tbls garlic powder to pan and cook until soft and clear. Add chicken cubes and remaining margarine and garlic powder. Continue to cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through (about 10-15 minutes).
- 2NOTE: Margarine and garlic powder amounts may be altered as desired.
- 3Rice Dish
- 4-White Rice
- 5Cook according to package directions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic and Onion Chicken over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.3
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 309.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.7 g