Recipe by jenpalombi
There are a few garlic and oil pasta recipes on the site, but this is the one I use and it is slightly different from the other ones. So I'm posting this here for safe-keeping. Great with a Caesar salad and some breadsticks.
- 1 lb pasta
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until golden. Set aside while the pasta finishes cooking to allow the flavors to infuse the oil.
- Add cooked pasta to oil with parmesan and toss well.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 4 main dish servings or 8 side dish servings.