Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mmmmmm.....we love these little beauties. I came across this recipe in a Betty Crocker cookbook long ago and have been making them ever since. The roasted bell peppers on the top make this extra special.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons country-style dijon mustard
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- lettuce leaf
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- Heat grill.
- Mix beef, mustard and garlic.
- Shape mixture into patties about 3/ 4 inch thick.
- Cover and grill patties 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 13 to 15 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center adn juice is clear.
- Add buns, cut sides down, for last 4 minutes of grilling or until toasted.
- Top burgers with cheese.
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce and bell peppers.
Yummy! These were great burgers. I was surprised that the mustard didn't jump out at you but blended right in. My family couldn't tell what was in there and I didn't tell them either! They loved 'em. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. I'll be making these again and again.